Let's Channel Our Gratitude into Assisting Women and Children in India in Crisis with Covid-19
"COVID-19 rolls back progress on female education in India"
"As extreme poverty returns, India sees surge in child slavery"
"India denying subsidized food grains to millions of its poor"
These are some of the headlines underscoring the real hardship among the marginalized communities worsened by India's second wave of COVID-19. The struggle seems never-ending...
However, your generous contribution has already provided light to so many lives through YGB's programs, in addition to the emergency relief efforts of providing food, medical kits and sanitary napkins.
Here is a snapshot of what YGB has been able to commit so far, adding 200 women and children to a total of 1600 lives, in partnership with 3 NGOs in Karnataka and West Bengal:
- Added 70 young children to continue their education with safe life environments, while avoiding child labor and/or child marriage - a total 600 children.
- Added 50 mothers to our micro loan program - a total 545 mothers.
- Added 113 boys and girls to our five-year "Scholarship for Higher Education" (SHE) - a total 413 students to attain college degrees.
Stay tuned for the announcement of more new programs that empower children, and create opportunities for them to thrive and succeed against all odds.
While many of us are blessed to have yoga practice in our lives, many women and children are struggling for their lives, severely affected by COVID-19 nationwide lockdown and a catastrophic Cyclone Amphan of 2020.
It's estimated that 300 million people worldwide practice yoga, generating $80 billion every year. If a fraction of this is redirected, we can make a life changing difference.
Join #OneMillionYogis Giving Back!
Become Monthly Recurring Supporter and join Gratitude Circle with Exclusive Benefits:
1. Unlimited access to the 50+ Global Gala recorded sessions, plus invitation to Zoom Live Interview with YGB Ambassadors
2. Invitation to Zoom conversation with YGB's NGOs partners in India
3. Bonus discounts for special events throughout the year.