Help amplify the voices of women and children of color and incite real change in India.
Join us and help make a difference to gender rights today.
$6,433 towards $6,000
Equity isn’t just a nice to have, it’s a must have.
With equity being one of Yogamazia's values, we join in the fight for making gender rights the same for all and embrace equity as part of the 2023 theme for International Women’s Day (IWD). IWD also marks the launch of the book We Rise in Power: Amplifying Women of Color and Our Voices for Change, co-authored by our founder Michelle El Khoury.
During the month of March 2023, in celebration of IWD, the book's release and Women’s History Month, we will be joined by a number of local and national businesses to hold our annual fundraiser for Yoga Gives Back (YGB).
YGB is a non-profit organization providing support to 2400 women and children in India, helping them fight their everyday living in areas such as access to education and microloans, child marriage and rape. We are grateful to serve as one of their Global Ambassadors and join in their mission in creating a more equitable and inclusive world for everyone.
There are a number of ways in which you can support us!
- Make a donation directly to this fundraising website
- Saturday 4th March at 6:30pm: Join us for the “We Rise in Power” Book Launch Celebration at Guru's Indian Cuisine
- Sunday 5th March at 11:00am - Join us for the 2nd Annual Holi Festival of Colors Celebration at Guru's
- Wednesday 8th March - International Women’s Day and release of “We Rise in Power” (available where books are sold)
- Friday 10th March at 6:30pm - Join our fellow YGB ambassador Kay Epple at Dharamsala TC in Traverse City, MI for a Ladies Night of restorative yoga, self-care pampering & dinner
- Friday 24th March at 6:30pm - Join us for Yogamazia Ladies Night In! at our studio for an evening of self-care, restorative yoga, sound meditation, dinner & more!
- Friday 31st March at 6:30pm - Join Family Friday for an evening of family yoga & partner fun at our studio
- During the month of March, when you purchase an Orange Power smoothie at Playa Bowls Newtown or Playa Bowls Fairless Hills, proceeds will go towards our fundraiser total!
Yogamazia thanks all of our sponsors for rising with us and being a part of the one million yogis helping make gender rights equal for all!
Visit https://yogamazia.com/yoga-gives-back for more.